Cygwin GNU App driving Clearcase NT

Romaszkiewicz, Tom Tom.Romaszkiewicz@racalinst.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 10:37:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have just begun to use cygwin on Windows NT4, with the aim of using GNU
Toolchain apps.
I'm having a problem with GNU PATCH (2.5.4) compiled under cygwin,
interacting with Clearcase NT (4.2)

PATCH correctly senses a file to be patched is under Clearcase control, and
generates the correct Cleartool checkout command line syntax accordingly
(cleartool co -unr -nc <filename> ), but this operation always seems to
fail.

Assuming originally PATCH was at fault, I built for Win32, and the Cleartool
checkout command worked successfully.

My current thinking is my problem is about a UNIX app driving the DOS
Command line, and Cygwin needs to be configured somehow? Can someone suggest
anything I can try?

Tom

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform RACAL INSTRUMENTS LTD. immediately by phoning +44 (0)1628 604455 (ask for the I.T. dept) and delete it and all copies from your system.