Problem with 'make'
Juan Antonio Rivera Vila
tunnelprod@hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 19:19:00 GMT 2002
Hi,
Well there is no 'all' file or directory. I have no idea about the
dependences of the '.PHONY' target -Sorry, I'm a newbie-. But, I have
attached the Makefile I use to compile, I hope this will clarify the
problem.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Juan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Igor Pechtchanski" <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu>
To: "Juan Antonio Rivera Vila" <tunnelprod@hotmail.com>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 3:44 AM
Subject: Re: Problem with 'make'
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Juan Antonio Rivera Vila wrote:
>
> > Hi to all,
> > Everytime I try to run make utility using
> >
> > $ make -f Makefile
> >
> > I get a message like this
> >
> > make: 'all' is up to date.
> >
> > Do you what does it mean?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Juan
>
> Do you, by any chance, have a file or a directory called 'all'? Does your
> Makefile have 'all' as one of the dependences of the '.PHONY' target? It
> might also help if you actually posted your Makefile.
> Igor
> --
> http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
> |\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor@watson.ibm.com
> |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
> '---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
>
> It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
> It takes a 486 to run Windows 95. Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file
>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Makefile
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 1144 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20020905/e6cf2465/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list