Patch for Cygwin's Emacs dired.el and loaddefs.el

Robinow, David drobinow@dayton.adroit.com
Fri Sep 6 07:50:00 GMT 2002

  Not sure if I qualify as "someone" wrt this issue, but I have an
objection.
  cygwin is for ports of unix tools. I can't see where you have ported
anything.
 Why increase the size of the distribution for no possible benefit?

> Here are the packages I plan on adding:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/manual/elisp-manual-21-2.8/info/elisp-info.tar.gz
> http://www.gnu.org/manual/emacs-lisp-intro/info/emacs-lisp-intro.info.gz
 Right, that's where they are, there and at numerous mirrors.  Why add them
to cygwin?

>Of course, those two packages completely independent of the Emacs package.

>BTW, in some future version of Emacs, the Lisp Intro is planned
>to be integrated into the Emacs distribution.

 Interesting, but what interests me more is:
 When are Joe's cygwin mods going to be integrated into the Emacs
distribution?
 I've just updated from the emacs cvs archive and I see none of the cygwin
stuff.
 Are the patches being rejected? Are they even being submitted?