Setup window size: a suggestion

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Sep 9 08:14:00 GMT 2002

On 9 Sep 2002, Robert Collins wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 10:39, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> > What resizing logic?
>
> I read your email as suggesting three things:
> 1) command line selectable sizes.
> 2) use several pre-defined window defs or
> 3) set the window size before creating the windows based on the command
> line options.

Mea culpa.  I should have expressed myself better.  What I meant to
suggest is a list of pre-defined fixed window sizes that would be
selectable through either a dialog or a command-line option.  These window
sizes could also, per Pavel Tsekov's suggestion, correspond to the common
video modes.
As far as I understand, the dialogs are defined in the resource files.  If
there are multiple resource files, each of which defines dialogs for a
particular window size, the right one can be selected in main() (when all
the *::Create() methods are called).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95.  Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file