[Fwd: cygwin-xemacs sometimes hangs in compile with latest cygwin]

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 10:19:00 GMT 2002

--- Andy Piper <andy@xemacs.org> wrote:
> It used to be the case that using pty's required you to put
>
> CYGWIN=tty
>
> in your environment. You might want to try that. Or did I suggest
> that already? Is this on Win98?
>
> andy

FYI, Cygwin now has (the offcial) Emacs as part of its current
distribution, easily available for download online via setup.exe.  It
supports both console and X11, providing the bloated, robust editing
environment you know and love.  AFAICT, all issues with our Emacs
have been straightened out.

Cheers,
Nicholas

P.S. - If all else fails, there's always Vi.