install from cd

John Morrison john.r.morrison@ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 13 13:37:00 GMT 2002

> I found that for installation on W98/SE this CD architecture didn't work
> properly. But
>
> Cyg0/setup.exe
> Cyg0/setup.ini
> Cyg0/release/*
>
> worked just fine. (Substitute any name you like for the directory
> Cyg0/.) I
> haven't a clue why one architecture works where the other fails.

When an application gets it's executable path from windows, for
example d:\Cyg0\setup.exe, windows returns d:\Cyg0\, when requested
for d:\setup.exe, windows returns d:.  I don't know why, but theres
probably a check for a missing '\' missing inside setup.exe.

If I get time, I'll try and take a look.  No promises though :)

J.