Cannot Build SaveMyModem under Cygwin: Please Help!

Andrew Lynch lynchaj@yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 08:29:00 GMT 2002

Cygwin Gurus:

Please help me debug SaveMyModem.

I am trying to help the author of SaveMyModem (a
free/open mail filter Anti-SPAM program for Win32)
debug the program.  Certain emails consistently crash
smm due to some hidden glitch but only on my Win98SE
system.  Linux, Win2K, etc versions work fine.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/savemymodem/

So I downloaded smm and the cygwin debug kit.  I
freshly installed cygwin from the cygwin.com, making
sure any traces of previous cygwin installs were gone.

I followed the instructions in the DEVELOPERS.pdf to
the letter (except added a 'cd smm-0.13' between steps
5 and 6) and ended up with an incomplete build.

I contacted the author who made some suggestions
(available on request) but resulted in similar errors.
 My hunches are: #1 user error, #2 a cygwin glitch
specific to Win98.

I have tried to figure this out on my own, but am lost
and cannot start debugging unless I can get smm to
build under Win98/Cygwin.  I am attaching some info
files to help any investigation anyone chooses to do.

I did search the archive for 'savemymodem' and other
relevant items but could not find anything I could
relate to this problem.

The smm sourceforge page has neat tarballs available
for download, however, really adventurous gurus may
want to try the CVS version as apparently some changes
have been made recently.

Any help in this is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

Andrew Lynch
l y n c h a j < a t > y a h o o < d o t > c o m

PS, please cc: me on any responses as I am not
subscribed to the list.  I will be checking the
archive regularly for any responses.

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com