Starting cygwin problem

Stephen Liu satimis@writeme.com
Sat Sep 14 19:10:00 GMT 2002


  Hi All Folks,

I have Cygwin installed on a WinXP PC which linked to LTSP server, 
working as a diskless workstartion and a standand alone PC as well. The 
PC has 2 NICs, one of which is mounted with a boot-rom and connected to 
LTSP server and another to Internet.

Starting WinXP by selecting 'LOCAL' when turned on the PC

Clicking 'Cygwin' icon on desktop, The shell window popup

I have no name!@M40G ~
$ cygstart
Usage: cygstart [-a STRING] [d- STRING]..........
..........[OPTION]... FILE [ARGUMENTS]

I have no name!@M40G ~
$ hostname [ENTER]
M40G [is the name of the PC/computer]

I have no name!@M40G ~
$ X -query 192.168.0.254 [ENTER] (IP Add of LTSP server)

started an empty "Cygwin/XFree86 window

Kindly advise how to make them connected

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu




--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list