Open bash at the current explorer directory?
Nicholas Wourms
nwourms@yahoo.com
Sat Sep 21 10:52:00 GMT 2002
--- Michael A Chase <mchase@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:01:33 -0400 (EDT) Igor Pechtchanski
> <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
>
> > It should be /etc/profile (note the absense of ".") and
> ~/.bash_profile.
> > I think ~/.profile is used by ksh...
>
> For login shells, bash will fall back to ~/.profile if
> ~/.bash_profile and
> ~/.bash_login aren't present; they shouldn't have to be
> specifically
> mentioned.
>
> I gleaned what I think are the best command lines from the
> extensive
> discussion on this list about 6 months ago. I have posted the .reg
> file I
> use to install them at http://home.ix.netcom.com/~mchase/zip/ .
Wow! There's a bounty of scripts to be had there. Perhaps you
should include the url in your sig as well. Thanks for compiling
that collection!
Cheers,
Nicholas
__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo!
http://sbc.yahoo.com
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list