setup.exe crash under Windows XP SP1
Dino Morelli
dino.morelli@snet.net
Sun Sep 22 23:27:00 GMT 2002
setup.exe is crashing on one of my systems with Windows XP. I tried with
both stock XP Pro and with it patched to SP1. This is a freshly installed
system with only a couple of hardware drivers installed (nVidia Detonator
for instance) and no other applications running at the time. Also, this is
a first-time cygwin install on said system.
Hardware is an Athlon 700MHz with 512M ram. If more info on equipment is
needed, I can provide it.
setup version: 2.249.2.5 (also tried the latest snapshot v2.259.2.4)
where in the program: Immediately after double-click. Was not able to see
any options to select. The main window is not displayed.
No setup.log or setup.log.full files are present after this.
The dialog I get from Windows at the time of failure has information about
msvcrt.dll If it would help, I could get more detailed information from
the dialog.
Thank you.
_____________________________________________________________________
-Dino Morelli mailto:dino.morelli@snet.net
ICQ: 3497246 http://wasabi.dynip.com
_____________________________________________________________________
"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list