How to get GnuPG and EGD to work together under Cygwin?

Volker Quetschke quetschke@scytek.de
Tue Sep 24 14:36:00 GMT 2002

Hi Francis,
 > Has anyone managed to get GnuPG and EGD (the Entropy Gathering Daemon --
 > http://egd.sourceforge.net/) to work together under Cygwin?
never tried ;-) but it should be possible. Did you read the annoncement
concerning gnupg 1.0.7-3?

The relevant part is:

* Fixed the use of loadable modules. Now all modules can be loaded with the
    --load-extension=<modulename> command. The standard build will link
    rndlinux statically, but if you run
    $ ./configure --enable-static-rnd=none
    then also the rndegd random generator modules will be build as a loadable
    module. Attention! Now you have to call gpg with --load-extension=rnd???
    to make it work properly.

Actually, I never tried, but it may work. Please let me know if it does.

Bye
    Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D