cygpath returns garbage if DOS/win2k input environment variable is too long?

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 10:41:00 GMT 2002

--- Ralf Hauser <ralfhauser@gmx.ch> wrote:
> 1) is there a way to see an error-message from cygpath (a log file or some
> way to see stderr if there is any of that)?
> 2) I did a work-around with assembling the path again in my .tcshrc. This is
> not convenient. Any better ideas...?

My only thought is to wrap the cygpath command in a shell script:

cygpath --unix $CLASSPATH 2>&1 >>mylog

You might be able to do this within your .tcshrc with a little tweaking.
(Sorry, not a tcsh user.)

cygpath uses the MAXPATH (1024 for win9x??)