can't chmod files that I own
Jeff Perry
jsp@mail.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 26 12:05:00 GMT 2002
That fixed it. Thanks.
------------------------------
Mark Zieg wrote:
I had the exact same problem with Cygwin & CVS.
I think the problem is that NT's idea of "perry" doesn't match Cygwin's
definition of UID 1119. If you're on an NT Domain, have you done the
"mkpasswd -u perry -d COMPANY_DOMAIN >> /etc/passwd"? That's what fixed it
for me.
See this for another workaround:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg01167.html
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Perry [mailto:jsp@mail.utexas.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 5:19 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: can't chmod files that I own
I have read the documentation on 'ntsec', but I still don't understand why I
can't chmod files that I own. I noticed this when using cvs.
For example:
$cvs update
cvs server: Updating .
U blah.cpp
cvs update: cannot change mode of ./blah.cpp: Invalid argument
$ ls -l
total 54
drwxrwxrwx 2 Administ None 4096 Sep 25 14:47 CVS
-rw-rw-rw- 1 1119 None 871 Sep 25 14:15 blah.cpp
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list