Fwd: Fw: [Mingw-users] Whats the latest on libtool and the stub dll libraries?

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Mon Sep 30 06:14:00 GMT 2002

Norman,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 10:53:26PM -0400, Norman Vine wrote:
> Is it the -mdll flag that is causing our dll relocation problems
> with the extension modules that are built with setup.py ???

No.  IMO, the above is not relevant to the Cygwin fork()/rebase issue.
Note that the "-mdll" flag is used when building Win32 Python shared
extension modules with Cygwin gcc in "-mno-cygwin" mode -- not when
building Cygwin Python shared extensions.

BTW, Cygwin fork() has rebase issues with Apache, Perl, etc. too.

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 12:14:49AM -0400, Norman Vine wrote:
> and the following (3) modules had the remap error for cygssl.dll
> when run from inside the test-suite
>   test_fork1.py
>   test_popen2.py
>   test_pty.py
> but ran successfully when run directly

The above is the expected behavior.  When the entire Python regression
test is run, the probability of a DLL base address conflict is much
higher than when individual regression tests are run separately.

Jason