Moving cygwin discussions to Usenet? (e.g., alt.os.cygwin)

Eduardo Chappa chappa@math.washington.edu
Mon Sep 30 15:28:00 GMT 2002

*** Christopher Faylor (cgf@redhat.com) wrote today:

:) On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 11:54:56AM -0700, Eduardo Chappa wrote:
:) >*** Michael A Chase (mchase@ix.netcom.com) wrote today:
:) >
:) >:) On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:48:42 -0700 (PDT) Eduardo Chappa
:) >:) <chappa@math.washington.edu> wrote:
:) >:)
:) >:) > For these reasons, I completely support the idea of creating an
:) >:) > independent newsgroup.
:) >:)
:) >:) So file the proposal.
:) >
:) >Sure, I can do that, but what do the people at redhat think about
:) >that?. Do they oppose, don't mind, agree?.
:)
:) [deleted some comments]
:)
:) Go ahead, create a mailing list.
:)
:) [deleted more comments]

Chris, thanks for your message and the permission.

Since I did not create this thread, I would not like to take the credit
from anyone, however, I would be willing to do the work that it will take
to create the newsgroup.

If all the people that agree with this idea, could contact me off the
list, so that we can start to write a proposal, and see if there's enough
show of hands to do all this work it would be appreciated.

Those who disagree can also write to me off the list.

Thanks!

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/