Updated: perl-5.8.0-2

Rolf Campbell rcampbell@tropicnetworks.com
Tue Apr 1 16:26:00 GMT 2003

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Rolf schrieb:
>>So, is this a cygwin perl problem?  Or has the stock perl decided
>>to only work with magic ENV variables?
> I don't see the problem in the latest Perl (5.9.0) and I'm trying to
> figure out how it can be fixed, in the meantime, please try to use the
> magic PERLIO=perlio setting for your environment.
> Gerrit

Ok, using PERLIO=perlio, but I'm still having a problem (which worked in
the previous version of Perl).

TEST.PL:
1:#!/bin/perl
2:$/ = "\r\n";
3:
4:open( LOG, "<in" ) ||
5:  die "Could not open log.\n";
6:binmode LOG, ":crlf";
7:
8:$in = <LOG>;
9:print $in;

in (od -c in):
0000000   a   b   c  \r  \n   d   e   f  \r  \n
0000012

This is on a BINMODE mount.  This script outputs "0000000   a   b   c
\n   d   e   f  \n".  If I go back to prev Perl, OR remove line#2 OR
remove line#6, then it outputs "0000000   a   b   c  \n"