Problem with gawk (3.1.2-2) under Cygwin 1.3.22-1

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Tue Apr 1 19:42:00 GMT 2003

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Sounds like a duplicate/old cygwin1.dll problem to me... Make sure
> your /bin/cygwin1.dll was actually replaced by setup (i.e., no Cygwin
> processes were running while you ran setup). A reboot should help. If
> not, post the output of 'cygcheck "`cygpath -w /bin/cygwin1.dll`"'
> (or, better yet, the full 'cygcheck -svr').

It eventually ended up being a "need to restart" issue. The funny thing
is that I had tried this before and did indeed reboot but still had the
problem so I installed the older versions of cygwin and gawk. Now I
tried again and got the same error message I remember the first time so
I posted. After rebooting this time it works. Strange.