complete.tcsh doesn't handle spaces in $HOME

Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) garbage_collector@telia.com
Wed Apr 2 18:36:00 GMT 2003

> From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
> Of Aaron Humphrey

> An easy workaround for this problem is just to wrap all of the
> $HOME/filename conditions in double quotes, which would probably
> be a good idea in a future release of tcsh.  Once I did this in
> complete.tcsh, tcsh started up just fine.

My experience is:
 You can expect to have the exact same problem with quite a few
scripts and other software.

My advice:
 Stick to [A-Za-z0-9-_.] characters in filenames, settings and such.

Sad to say, this does apply for almost any other "OS" too `:-P

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden
--

Exception:
 Umlauted, careted and apostrophed characters does work, given that

This is a true pain in the ass... I wish everybody could stick to
iso-8859-1 or its siblings.

--END OF MESSAGE--