Postinstall failure: file not found

Rudiyanto Gunawan rudiyantogunawan@hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 23:48:00 GMT 2003

>From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu>
>Ok, this is very interesting...
>Is this from a clean install, or is this a reinstall?
>Did you happen to install the gcc-mingw package?  If so, could you please
>post the logged output of that?
>Oh, and which OS are you running on?

The problem arised when I tried to update cygwin yesterday.
At the end, the postinstall failed, and it messed up
my installed cygwin. So, I uninstalled everything and
started from scratch. But I am still getting the same
postinstallation problem.
My previous install was a full package installation and
this was done late last year. I am not sure if gcc-mingw
package was installed or not.
I am running Windows 2000 SP3.

thanks a lot