[Mingw-users] Re: Multi-threaded programs

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 12:46:00 GMT 2003

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

> AFAIK, -mno-cygwin questions are OT on the Cygwin list unless ...

No, -mno-cygwin is a Cygwin option to the Cygwin compiler.  It is a
Cygwin support issue and therefore very much on topic for the
cywin@cygwin.com list.  If it concerns the mingw-runtime or the w32api
that may be a different story.  But only if it deals directly with the
mingw-runtime or w32api and not with problems of finding the headers and
libraries.

My answer to the -mno-cygwin option tends to be that it is off-topic for
the mingw-users list since it is a Cygwin option to the Cygwin compiler
and that the poster should try the MinGW distributed binaries to resolve
the problem.  I'm not going to stop discussion of the -mno-cygwin option
on the mingw-users list though.  However, I will be bold about
correcting someone saying it is OT for the Cygwin list.

Earnie.