H.T.M.L. (RE: Getting home directory in Windows 2000 environment)

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Thu Apr 10 19:01:00 GMT 2003

news@garydjones.mailshell.com wrote:

>> It is the lingua franca of the worldwide web
>
> Yes. Let it stay there.

Why?

> Does that mean that we should all post in jpegs since we could then
> achieve exactly the same thing?

That's an unreasonable stretch from html -> jpeg.

>> Personal communications must extend beyond simple text without
>> stylistic variation for computers to fully facilitate human
>> communication.
>
> Post your proof.

Post your disproof!

> People have been using plain text to communicate quite satisfactorily,
> thank you very much.

How many colors does your monitor do? People have communicated with
black and white monitors quite satisfactory, thank you very much.

>> c) Attached images add an unnecessary burden on email downloads
>> Burden? On whom?
>
> On every single person that receives it. That much must be obvious, or
> are you being deliberately obtuse?

Another reason why this should be a newsgroup.... (Ducking for cover! :-)

>> If the poster feels the need to communicate visually, then it is
>> their prerogative.
>
> Just as it would be my perogative to ignore it or bounce it.

Yes you have that right.

> Whereas html /is/ optional.

Lot's of things are optional. For example, replying is optional!