libtool-devel problem with building 'dummy' exe

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Mon Apr 14 01:13:00 GMT 2003

Hallo Charles,

when using your famous packaging script for expat with the new
libtool, I'm getting this error several times ('make' call and
of course when I call 'make install' because the dummy .exe
isn't created in the right place):

/expat/expat-1.95.6/.obj/libtool: cannot create .libs/lt-xmlwf/xmlwf.c: directory nonexistent

I guess libtool-devel tries to make the 'dummy' executable here,
but fails because the directory or s.th. else is missing.  I used
it already without problems when building in the sourcetree, but
when using your famous packaging script it fails.

Do I need to take care of the needed directories from the script or
should libtool do this in every case?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=