g77 + gcc + flex + bison woes

Andrey Romanenko andrew@eq.uc.pt
Mon Apr 14 15:11:00 GMT 2003

Dear Ronald,

Thank you for your reply. This weekend I gave it another try and
found a solution ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H workaround. As I suspected flex
was at fault. The offending code is in libfl.a that contains libmain.o,
that, in turn, has a main(). Unlike what happens under Linux, the
linker replaced my (correct) main with the one from libfl.a no matter
what. And, no, I didn't have YY_MAIN macro defined. My workaroind
consisted of purging libfl.a of libmain.o. This way the program
runs swimmingly. I am not sure why there is such difference between
Linux and Cygwin..

Andrey