g77 + gcc + flex + bison woes

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 14 17:23:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Andrey Romanenko wrote:

> Igor,
>
> > Did you try putting the library after your main module, like this:
> >
> >    gcc yourmain.o -fl -o myprog
> >
> > ?  This way, the main() from your code should have been pulled in first.
> > The order of gcc arguments does matter, and there is usually no need to
> > pull a module from the library...
>
> Yes, I have -lfl at the very end of the lile. I am aware of the issue.
> In that case this looks like a bug. Or, a feature of the rather
> complicated salad that I have (g77+gcc+bison+flex).
>
> Andrey

Andrey,

You didn't provide enough details for us to know what you've tried and
what you haven't.  If there is a bug, it should be fixed.  It cannot be
fixed without a bug report that will at least let people reproduce the
buggy behavior.  Please see <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html> for the relevant
information that'll help others diagnose/reproduce your problem.  You
might also want to provide the gcc command invocation that failed, and (if
relevant) the Makefile you used.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II