chmod again (Webpage Alert)

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Tue Apr 15 14:46:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, John Williams wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> [snip]
> > Second, you might wish to attach the output of "cygcheck -svr", as per
> > <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html>.
>
> I don't think it's a bug, I just need to figure out the syntax to
> achieve what I want to to!  The cygcheck output is attached:

There have been more and more statements of this nature on the list (i.e.,
"it's not a bug" when referring to bugs.html).  Perhaps we could move the
cygcheck section of bugs.html to something like sysinfo.html, and link to
it from bugs.html?  This way, when referred to the webpage, people's first
reaction won't be "it's not a bug, so it doesn't apply to me".  Besides,
the ESR essay on the same page discourages calling anything a "bug" in the
initial post, and people probably feel that if they follow the
instructions in bugs.html, their report would be considered a bug report,
so they don't even bother to read further.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II