dll creation

Armin Diehl diehl@nordrhein.de
Fri Apr 18 22:50:00 GMT 2003

Christopher,

thanks for your answer!

 >If you're calling a cygwin DLL from a non-cygwin app, that just won't
 >work.
Does that mean it will work if the main application is a cygwin linked
app ? (and what about dynamicly loading the dll via loadLibrary)

 >If your application is really just as simple as the above, you might
 >want to investigate either using MinGW (www.mingw.org) or using the
 >-mno-cygwin option to gcc.
no it is not ;-) I'm trying to use gcc in a dll. I think gcc will not
work with mingw. I have to use a dll because the borland compiler i'm
using uses a different format for objects and can not link the objects
generated by gcc.
I will try if it works if the main program is a cygwin one, than my
application could be in a dll. (Or the main program could be gcc and my
application is in a dll)