different mount table per bash session

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 21 15:43:00 GMT 2003

Saber,

Please honor the Reply-To: -- there is no need to Cc: me, I'm on the list.
Also, that's a *really* weird method of quoting...  I wonder which mailer
uses it...

Cygwin gets the user information from Windows.  It relies on Windows to do
the authentication (in case of NT).  Cygwin has an /etc/passwd (and an
/etc/group), but uses it to store information that Windows doesn't (such
as the login shell).  Use Windows tools (e.g. "net user") to add users and
groups.

"login" most likely won't work for switching user contexts; for details
see <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-03/msg00337.html>.  The preferred
method for switching user contexts is either "ssh user@localhost" with a
running sshd, the Windows-provided "runas" command (see "runas /?"), or
"at /interactive ... login user" (see "at /?" for details).
	Igor
P.S. Your "Shift" key is still not fixed.