Problem with PHP: Win32 error 193

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 21 16:31:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Peter C. Chapin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm attempting to get PHP4 to work under Apache. Here is what I've done
> so far: To get Apache to work at all I needed to run "rebaseall". This
> seemed to go without incident and Apache loads and serves pages just
> fine. The rest of the system also seems to still be working normally.
>
> I then enabled the PHP module in the httpd.conf file. The result was an
> error during "apachectl start" such as:
>
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 193
> /usr/local/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>
> I searched the archive of this list and found some recent messages
> pertaining to this problem. However, I didn't find any message
> containing a resolution. I understand that the 193 error is supposed to
> mean invalid exe format. The advice given to a previous poster was to
> reinstall the PHP DLL and try again. He did that and he posted a message
> saying that it didn't fix the problem.
>
> I freshened my install of Cygwin today. This included an updated PHP
> module. The install of that (and other updates) seemed to go fine. I
> needed to do "rebaseall" again to get Apache to work again but PHP still
> fails with the same error as above. Since I just downloaded a fresh (new)
> version of the PHP module, it seems as if the root cause might be
> something else other than a simple corruption of the PHP DLL. Has this
> matter been fully explained yet?
>
> I'm using Win2k, fully patched (meaning that my updates are current).
> Note that I also have the .NET framework installed on this system if
> that matters at all. Probably not.
>
> Peter

Peter,

This subject has been discussed on the list multiple times, the last
thread being less than two weeks old.  Please search the list archives for
"php error 193".
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II