OpenSSH problem - nd advice or pointer

Richard Troy rtroy@sciencetools.com
Tue Apr 22 05:34:00 GMT 2003

Hi All,

Still having the identical troubles as described below. I'm embarassed to
admit how much time I've sunk into this problem, but I "really* need this
resolved! I'd like to hear from _anyone_ who's got Cygwin OpenSSH talking
to SSH V 2.0.x OR who can perhaps provide any viable alternative...

I've also tried to upgrade the ssh server on the target to "something more
modern" and also perhaps "OpenSSH" based (instead of Finnish). However, I
immediately ran into trouble installing the version of OpenSSH that came
with RedHat 7.2 (namely, openssh-2.9p2-7.i386.rpm) It complains of missing
dependencies. I took a wild guess and supposed it wanted ssl, but that too
had missing dependencies. I'm not enough of a RH guru to know how to
resolve the dependencies based upon the data given in the error message.
It complains about a particular file/version that it wants but does not
tell you what packages that resource might come in! -frown-

Question: Has ANYONE gotten this to work? If so, how, most humbly please,
how! did you manage it?!

Still needing help. Will do whatever it takes to get this Cygwin OpenSSH
to establish an ssh session to my Linux box without a password/passphraise
dialogue!

THANKS MUCH,
Richard

P.S. So far, ALL unix/linux to linux SSH connectivity works fine, key
based or password based. -sigh- RT

--
Richard Troy, Chief Scientist
Science Tools Corporation