CompactFlash Disk Geometry

Jeff Baker jbaker@qnx.com
Tue Apr 22 17:40:00 GMT 2003

Ok so allow me to correct myself here.  The 'Cylinders' element in the
DISK_GEOMETRY structure is a LARGE_INTEGER, which isn't being printed by a
simple printf("%d").  If I print the Cylinders.LowPart element the output is
correct.  Since trying to printf a LARGE_INTEGER works on both Visual C and
a version of Watcom I have, is this a bug in Cygwin?

> The following piece of code is trimmed down but shows the basic
> functionality of getting the geometry of a disk.  When I build this code
in
> VC I can get correct values for Removeable Media (SmartMedia,
CompactFlash),