FCNTL.DLL causes illegal instruction w/ perl since upgrade

Greg Matheson lang@ms.chinmin.edu.tw
Wed Apr 23 23:04:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, stimonyhall@netscape.net wrote:

> anything having to do with fcntl.dll generates the following error in Windows (not an error from the cygwin console):

> This type of error message can be generated from something as simple as .. the following example script:

> #!/usr/bin/perl

> If I comment out use Fcntl; - the error does not occur.

I can confirm getting the same results here with your example
script on Win98 using perl-5.8.0.

--
Greg Matheson                    Success is going from failure
Dr Bean's Penpal Pool            to failure without a loss of