GDB GUI (was RE: Problem building ddd on cygwin)

Fred Ma fma@doe.carleton.ca
Thu Apr 24 08:39:00 GMT 2003

> >I'm finding some buggy behaviour with Insight.  Might be
> >my setup.  It freezes sometimes when I have fullscreen windows
> >for source code, console, and stackframe.  The console window
> >and stackframe window don't wrap around when it should even
> >though I "set width 40".  It might be that it can only wrap
> >around when it encounters a space, which might not be for a
> >while in the long names of C++'s STL.  And the filename field
> >on the upper left doesn't update itself if I change files
> >due to moving up on the stack.  I'm going to give the REAL
> >up-to-date ddd a try.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/bashdb
>
> The insight mailing list is insight at sources dot redhat dot com.
>
> If you have problems, I"m sure they would be interested in hearing them.
>
> I suspect that ddd is not bug free, either.
>
> cgf

I submitted a bug report instead, at
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?database=insight
Thanks for the push.

In the meantime, ddd compiled fine, and it looks like I
got a replica of my solaris environment on the laptop.
It messes with the mind.  By the way, the build directory
grew to 138MB.  Never would have expected that (though
of course, I can get rid of it).  And there is a small
square at the end of every physical line.  Otherwise,
it's exactly as if I was on solaris.

Fred

P.S.  Hope this was taken as Insight bashing.  It looks
like a very sexy debugger.  I just need something I can
run with for now, and I'll most likely get to know
Insight gradually, as I pick up the workarounds for the
problems I described.