How to parse windows command line

Tron Thomas tron.thomas@verizon.net
Thu Apr 24 08:51:00 GMT 2003

I have written a Windows application that expects a file name as a
command line argument.  If I compile the program with a either the
Borland or Micrsoft compilers I get just the file name as the command
line argument when I run the program.

However if I compile the program with the Cygwin compiler I get some
like the following for the command line argument when I run the program:

"Directory\\Directory\\Program.exe\" Filename "

This is make things akward.  I'm not sure why Cygwin is doing this when
other compilers don't.

Does Cygwin provide an API or other strategy to deal with this scenario?