Updated: perl-5.8.0-2

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Thu Apr 24 20:52:00 GMT 2003

Hallo Shankar,

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2003 um 20:11 schriebst du:

>> That definitely fixes the debug-input problem.  I has no effect on the
>> other problem that I reported.

> Which other problem? The cygcheck error message about
> GetVolumeInformation?  That seems to come from it probing my DVD drive
> (nothing to do with Perl).

> And you didn't describe what went wrong in your other scripts..

> (By the way - I found that setting PERLIO=perlio also solved the
> debugger problem..)

Well, it should work without this setting too.
And Term::Readline on Cygwin is buggy as we know now...

Both needs to be fixed, perl shouldn't write CRLF if it generates
files on binmode mounts and Readline should accept one hit on Enter
as an Enter as usual.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=