Printable Copy Of The Cygwin Users Guide]

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Fri Apr 25 18:29:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Steve wrote:

> Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> > Steve,
> >
> > I'm afraid that there is no pre-made single-page copy of the Cygwin User's
> > Guide. You'll need to follow the instructions in the cygwin-doc package
> > for getting a working DocBook installation, or I can probably figure out
> > how to make one and email it to you later if you want.
>
> I may take you up on that.
>
> I reinstalled cygwin to solve some problems and in the process got a
> copy of the users guide in html.
>
> I either have to find a utility to concatenate into one big fat file now
> or make a script to send every single file in that dir tree to the printer.
>
> I noticed that the contact links on the cygwin site missed a direct
> email address to the people who manage cygwin.

Intentionally.

> Is there a place where I can email a suggestion for a primtable user's
> guide?
> Steve

This list is the place for all cygwin inquiries and suggestions.  People
in charge read this list.  In fact, the person you've been corresponding
with (Joshua Daniel Franklin) is the current maintainer of the cygwin-doc
package (and thus the user's guide), so you can consider your request
noted.
	Igor
P.S. It might be as simple as adding a new rule to the Makefile which runs
"db2html -u".  Or it might not (as I'm not familiar with DocBook at all).
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II