latest update on Re: [EXTREMELY OFF-TOPIC] The sad state of cgf's existing new laptop

Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) garbage_collector@telia.com
Mon Apr 28 16:31:00 GMT 2003

> From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
> Of Christopher Faylor

> Well I filed my complaint here:
>
> http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
>
> and if you hear, at some point, that I'm suffering from anoxia, you'll all
> probably know why.
>
> cgf

 I feel strongly that this is the least one can do.
 If nothing else it will push the crime statistic figures upward a tiny bit.
If those figures tend to rise, or stay at a "high" level something will
eventually happen.
 If yo do NOT complain, then there will not ever/likely be a change.

 A year ago I had a CD player in my car; it was cheap, but fairly new. One
evening I forgot to take with me the removable front panel. The day after I
found the entire player was removed from my car. The cheap idiot who had
taken it had smashed the left side door window. He(she?) had pulled the
player out and *CUT* the wires to the player between a connector and the
player, instead of just unplugging it.
 I believe strongly that this was either a drug-junkie or a teenager...
I spent almost half a day digging up papers, a repair man, serial numbers,
filing insurance things and such...
 In the end I got nothig back, and had to pay for the window replacement.

I still feel good about having filed it, not that I expect to hear anything
about it.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden

--END OF MESSAGE--