cannot checkout cygwin

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Tue Apr 29 20:45:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:47:54AM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> No, that was me.  I moved the old malloc.cc to malloc_wrapper.cc a while
>>> ago and made a new malloc.cc.  I shouldn't have done that but the damage
>>> is done now.
>>
>> But I can repair it if you like.
>
> I know how to repair it.

I wasn't calling you stupid. I was just volunteering my time for this.

>  This is NOT a recent thing.  There is no way
> that it deserves this much attention.  Did you notice when I first did
> this?

No.

>  How many times have you seen this show up?

Just now.

> Do you really think
> it is worth 7 (now 8) messages on this subject?

Well, not all of those were mine, and I still have something I'd like to say
on the matter.

I agree that it is unlikely that anyone will attempt a date-based checkout
of a year-old Cygwin and try to build it.

I was suggesting that it be fixed, because I don't see any reason to leave
it broken. After all, old metadata isn't considered completely irrelevant -
if it was, sites would make it policy to delete old revisions from CVS after
a certain time had passed.

Now, I acknowledge that this is not a critically important issue, but I also
think that is not trivial enough to not even be worth discussion.

The judgement call is up to you.

Max.