sshd and other daemons

David T-G davidtg-cygwin@justpickone.org
Wed Apr 30 08:34:00 GMT 2003

Hi again, all --

Since I can't at the moment set up cygwin on my test system...  A client
wants me to pop into his machines regularly to take a look around and see
that all is well, as well as perhaps run some backups.  I could use VNC
to take over the console but that not only disrupts what he is doing but
requires a GUI and seems so Microsoft ;-)

Will cygwin let me set up an sshd on the box so that I can log in, get a
bash prompt, and do my looking around or running of scripts?  How does it
handle usernames and accounts?  [These are Win98 and WinXP (Home?) boxes.]
Has anyone else already jumped this hurdle so that I might not have to do
it all from scratch?

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.