Marcus G. Daniels mgd@santafe.edu
Sat Aug 2 03:11:00 GMT 2003

Alan Thompson write:

> OK - now you have me confused....
> If you're not loading DLL's into Java for use with JNI, what are you doing?
> Also, note that those techniques work for both plain JNI (i.e. java calls into C/C++) as well as the invocation API (where a C/C++ program creates an JVM).

Again, "those techniques" specify use of -mno-cygwin, which worked fine for me in my
posted example.  The crash happens as the DLL is loaded, not when methods are called.

Have you actually tried _not_ using -mno-cygwin?

Also, using 'javah' or not to generate the headers (and making sure JNIEXPORT and
JNICALL are in the header and implementation declarations, and using
and using -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias makes no difference.  For this simple test case, you
need to have JNIEXPORT/JNICALL and the -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias, or neither to get the
test case to work.