getopt & output reordering

Patrick Eisenacher eisenacher@fillmore-labs.com
Tue Aug 5 12:32:00 GMT 2003

Hi Max,

thanks for your quick response. Indeed, setting the
POSIXLY_INCORRECT_GETOPT environment variable did the trick and produces
a result that is in synch with the man page.

Since I don't know anything about the various flavours of getopts around
and what is posixly correct and what not, and I guess a lot of other
users don't know neither, how about updating the man pages to be in
synch with the current behaviour and adding a paragraph on the
POSIXLY_INCORRECT_GETOPT stuff?

Cheers,
Patrick