xmlto package install question

Marcel Telka marcel@telka.sk
Tue Aug 5 18:24:00 GMT 2003

Hi Patrick.

On 2003.08.02 11:57, Patrick Eisenacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my Cygwin xmlto installation (v0.0.14) is missing all the fo formats
> (dvi, pdf, ps) in /usr/share/xmlto/format/docbook, and the fo
> subfolder is missing from the /usr/share/xmlto/format/ directory
> completely. Without those files xmlto is unable to create the
> corresponding target document formats (provided the corresponding
> toolchain is installed).
>
> Talking to Tim Waugh, the author of xmlto, revealed that all formats
> are installed unconditionally. So I wonder why they didn't get
> installed on my system.
>
> Is anybody else missing those files or do they get installed on your
> systems? In particular the files in question are:
>
> /usr/share/xmlto/format/docbook/dvi
> /usr/share/xmlto/format/docbook/pdf
> /usr/share/xmlto/format/docbook/ps
> /usr/share/xmlto/format/fo/dvi
> /usr/share/xmlto/format/fo/pdf
> /usr/share/xmlto/format/fo/ps

dvi, pdf and ps format are removed from cygwin xmlto package because
there is no way to generate these output formats using cygwin-only
packages.

They requires xmltex and passivetex which are not available as cygwin
packages. I'll add support for missing formats soon after somebody will
contribute these packages for cygwin.

Regards.