Win2k and cygwin memory leak

Brian.Kelly@empireblue.com Brian.Kelly@empireblue.com
Thu Aug 7 18:49:00 GMT 2003

> What a clueless comment.

Hmmmm  -  I'll go with that!! (if it makes you feel better - or even if it
doesn't)

> It is not "denial" to assert that an OS which allocates memory and
doesn't
> free it is broken.  If cygwin triggers a windows problem that does not
mean
> that it is a cygwin problem no matter how hard that is for you to
understand.

Gosh, isn't there a *win* in *cygwin*?? Not that I'm "demanding" anything
or goodness knows, making suggestions about how you 'Oh Great One' should
allocate
your resources - goodness *no*! But this notion that a WinDoze problem is
not
*also* a cyg*win* problem - is quite a *CURIOUS* one to this *clueless*
simpleton - INDEED!!

Seems in a way that you're saying "I don't care if what I built doesn't
work for this
or that because it's Microsoft's problem".

I really don't think you as one who is quick to let Microsoft define what
he can
and can't do - as you yourself have said

   "I fix all sorts of problems in cygwin which are really windows
problems"

So indeed you pick and choose which *Microsoft* problems to fix that keep
cyg*win*
from working - all along *denying* it's a cyg*win* problem .....

Interesting how a 'Great' mind works  ;-) .....

Brian Kelly

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf-idd@cygwin.com>@cygwin.com on 08/07/2003 01:56:16
PM

Please respond to cygwin@cygwin.com