inittypes.h

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Thu Aug 14 14:28:00 GMT 2003


I asked this off list, but I really should be asking it on list.  Posted 
here for the archives and if anyone cares to comment.

Cheers,
Nicholas

vinschen@redhat.com wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 07:44:43PM -0400, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> 
>>Corinna,
>>
>>I can't really find any history on inttypes.h, but I noticed that you 
>>were the one who committed it to cvs.  I would like to know how you 
>>derived the values for the macros.  One of the widechar functions I've 
>>been working on uses the handy function, strtoimax...  so subsequently I 
>>did a port for it and the other inttypes it as well.  During this 
>>process, I noticed that there seems to be a disconnect between how 
>>you've defined some of the 32bit macros and how i386 glibc/mingw/bsd 
>>have defined them.  For example, looking at int32_t(PRId32):
>>
>>The bsd's:       "d"
>>Glibc:           "d"
>>MingW:           "d"
>>Cygwin:          "ld"
>>
>>Am I missing something here?  I searched the archives, w/o any luck. 
>>But before I submit an rfc to the main list (not to have it go in, just 
>>to get people to test), I need to know if the macros are accurate. 
>>Being that these functions are heavily asm dependant, I assume that 
>>winsup/cygwin is the most appropriate place to dump 'em?
> 
> 
> I don't understand the problem.  "ld" is as correct as "d" for 32 bit
> int types.  I didn't use any foreign source to create the macros but
> only the description in SUSv3:
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/inttypes.h.html
> 



--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list