Newbie: Where's ed, vi, more (or less), man?

Andy Civil putmyfullnamehere@hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 15:11:00 GMT 2003

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> :set compatible

Ok, I assumed that would be the same as -v but I'll try it and search
the help and web to see if there's a way to do that permanently; thanks.

> Yeah, and since vim is installed as the default vi replacement on most,
> if not all Linux systems, that's exactly the kind of reason which let
> people flee from Linux.  Sure.

I'm not sure I follow your logic but your tone is coming through crystal
clear. Given that everyone else appears to accept vim and that the link
I posted earlier was to a port that was seriously buggy, and that even
"elvis" seems to be "improved" these days, I'll leave vim installed for
my friend and see if she accepts it.

Thanks for your help.

--
Andy