Cygwin Internationalization Roadmap for European Languages

Roman Pokrovskij pokrovskij@centras.lt
Tue Aug 19 16:36:00 GMT 2003

Hello ALL

Probably I should reprint my question..

There is no information  about internationalization in FAQ except trivial:
Why don't international (8-bit) characters work?
Before you can type international characters in bash, you must add
the following lines to your ~/.inputrc file:

set meta-flag on
        set convert-meta off
        set output-meta on

I'm working with Finnish, Lithuanian, Cyrillic documents (xml, html, mail,
code comments, string resources etc.). Would it be possible to configure
Cygwin for my needs?  Would it be possible to switch between languages
without OS restarting? Anybody got this working?

What I need to know about UNICODE and cygwin ? Does UNICODE have any kind of
support in the cygwin?

I'm sorry if it is a stupid question... I really don't want (at least now)
to examine Cygwin sources.

:-) Simply give me the link. Cygwin and rxvt documentation doesn't make
those topics clear.