cron and network drives

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Tue Aug 19 18:07:00 GMT 2003

Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi Andrew,

For sons-clearcase Tools is a folder under it's local E drive and has
Full Control set for Everybody (that's it - perhaps not that secure but
that's what it is).

For sons-cc Tools is a folder under it's local C drive and has Read &
Execute, List Folder Contents and Read set for Everybody (and that's it).

As for Share Permissions both machines are set to Full Control for
Everybody.

I can try opening up permissions to Full Control for Everybody on
sons-cc but I don't think it will do anything and I don't particularly
like being that open (on either machine).

Another interesting thing is that on sons-clearcase the Owner is ccadmin
(the user in question) whereas on sons-cc the Owner is Administrators.

I've changed sons-cc C:\Tools to match sons-clearcase's settings. We'll
see what happens. Now to devise a way to test this again...

> Another hint: You mensioned that there is only one user. This is only
> true if the user on both hosts is in the same domain. If each  User is
> local on that host (although same name) they are *always*  different.

The user is indeed the same and in the same domain. The domain spans the
two sites.