Problems with cron: extrange info log to XP log and can't exec the crontabs

Alberto Sáez ast@gbt.tfo.upm.es
Fri Aug 22 02:01:00 GMT 2003

  Hello. I've been usgin cygwin for a while, but when I've tried to
install the cron system I've got a bad error.

  1- I've installed without problems cron as a service.
   (with and without the -e "CYGWIN=tty ntsec" param)

  2- I've created the crontabs (very simple crontabs: echos to a file)

  3. Nothing happends.

  I've search the process and cron is one of them (so the service is
working)
  Looking in the NT log I found a buch of erros of the form:

   Event Type : 	Info
   Event Source: crontab
   Event Ctegory: None
   Event Id:   0
   (...)
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( cron ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help
and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
cron : PID 4780 : (myWinXpuser) REPLACE (myWinXPuser).

I've found three differen messages:

PID ... (myWinXpuser) BEGIN EDIT (myWinXPuser).
PID ... (myWinXpuser) REPLACE (myWinXPuser).
PID ... (myWinXpuser) END EDIT (myWinXPuser).

This messages are created each time I edit the crontab.

¿Why? ¿Why me? ¿How can I solve this problem? ¿How can I get more Info?

I'm using an XP profesional,  and the cron-3.0.1-10 distro.

  Thanks a lot for your help