It's a snapshot

Russell O'Connor roconnor@TheWorld.com
Fri Aug 22 10:55:00 GMT 2003

Corinna Vinschen writes:

> > Btw, I know that Corinna has at least one mmap patch to add before this
> > goes gold.
>
> It's a border case.  I don't know if it's worth to wait for the fix.
> It would be nice if I could reproduce it under a debugger :-(

If you are referring to "malloc returns overlapping buffers", I was
able to get it to fail under the debugger by increasing the malloc
size in the test case from 8000 to 16000.  It then segfaults instead
of returning overlapping buffers, but that's presumably a bug too, and
likely a different manifestation of the same bug.

I know that the stack trace for that case in my original post was not
too useful because there was no debugging information in the cygwin
dll, but I've since built cygwin from CVS and gotten a proper stack
trace.  Unfortunately, it's at work and I won't be back there till
Monday.  But if it would be useful to you I'll make an extra trip in.

Russ

--
Russell O'Connor
roconnor@hsc.usf.edu