auto tab complete

jwaterbrook jwaterbrook@keyww.com
Fri Aug 22 18:02:00 GMT 2003


That's what I was fishing for.
and the comment about sh and cmd not supporting it was exactly what I was wondering (I just didn't know it yet :) ).
"shell at home is bash with completion set up" - I guess my next question is what did you have to do to set it up besides just using the executable?

andrew brian clegg wrote:
> 
> Tab completion is a facility of the shell running on the remote computer
> surely, nothing to do with ssh itself.
> 
> e.g. I ssh into my home PC from work and I get tab completion, because my
> shell at home is bash with completion set up. This would also be the case
> if I were to use telnet or rlogin to connet.
> 
> If it was sh or cmd.exe I wouldn't, regardless of whether I used ssh or
> telnet or rlogin, because sh and cmd.exe don't support it.
> 
> Or am I misunderstanding the question?
> 
> Andrew.
> 
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, jwaterbrook wrote:
> 
>  > does the ssh executable support it?  It won't even work for it.
>  >
>  > Vince Hoffman wrote:
>  > > To the best of my knowledge the sftp executable doesnt support tab
>  > > completion.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
> 


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list