postgres help

Jason House jhouse@mitre.org
Mon Aug 25 17:54:00 GMT 2003

Thanks for the help everyone (Jason, Igor and Jonathan)

#2 did solve the problem.  I have also upgraded the cygwin version to
1.5 which was probably another problem.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to use postgres ;)

Some recommended doc improvements (to prevent questions from people like
me... even though the doc already contains all the needed information)
- for the "net start postmaster" command for NT/XP, it might be nice
mention that "net start" and the services applet can give false
positives to the postmaster process starting successfully.  in the
applet, a manual refresh will reveal that it hasn't really been
"started".  From the command line "net stop postmaster" will give an
error if it truly didn't start up...
- Mention the uname command in comment 14 as a way to check the cygwin
version.  I know that I *should* have remembered this...
- cross referencing bugs to individual commands would also be nice